A companion to the early printed book in Britain, 1476-1558 / edited by Vincent Gillespie and Susan Powell.
Cambridge [England] : D.S. Brewer, 2014.|
xvii, 385 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
Books -- Great Britain -- History -- 1450-1600.|
Book industries and trade -- Great Britain -- History.
Book industries and trade.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- From manuscript to print : continuity and change / Julia Boffey
- Printers, publishers and promoters to 1558 / Tamara Atkin and A.S.G. Edwards
- Materials: paper and type / Pamela Robinson
- Bookbinding and early printing in England / Alexandra Gillespie
- Woodcuts and decorative techniques / Martha W. Driver
- Merchants / Anne F. Sutton
- The laity / Mary C. Erler
- The secular clergy / Susan Powell
- The regular clergy / James G. Clark
- Universities, colleges and chantries / James Willoughby
- Humanism and printing / Daniel Wakelin
- Women translators and the early printed book / Brenda M. Hosington
- The printed book trade in response to Luther : English books printed abroad / Andrew Hope
- Thomas More, print and the idea of censorship / Thomas Betteridge
- Catholicism, the printed book and the Marian Restoration / Lucy Wooding.