The Ashgate research companion to feminist legal theory /
|Imprint:||Farnham, Surrey, England : Ashgate Publishing Limited, |
|Description:||xi, 423 pages ; 26 cm.|
|Series:||Ashgate research companion|
Ashgate research companion.
Women -- Legal statu, laws, etc.
Women -- Legal status, laws, etc.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/9841731|
Table of Contents:
- Contesting the dominant paradigm : feminist critiques of liberal legalism / Rosemary Hunter
- Feminism, law and materialism : reclaiming the 'tainted' realm / Joanne Conaghan
- Freedom, power, and agency in feminist legal theory / Nancy J. Hirschmann
- Law's truths and the truth about law : interdisciplinary refractions / Margaret Davies
- Equality and difference : fertile tensions or fatal contradictions for advancing the interests of disadvantaged women? / Elsje Bonthuys
- 'What a long, strange trip it's been' : feminist and queer travel with sex, gender and sexuality / Sharon Cowan
- Theorizing race, theorizing racism : new directions in interdisciplinary scholarship / Jennifer C. Nash
- Feminists rethink multiculturalism : resisting essentialism and cross-cultural hypocrisy / Sarah Song
- In the name of God? : religion and feminist legal theory / Samia Bano
- Gender and terrain : feminists theorize citizenship / Margot Young
- International human rights law : towards rethinking sex/gender dualism / Diane Otto
- A new frontline for feminism and international humanitarian law / Judith Gardam
- Violence against women, 'victimhood' and the (neo)liberal state / Vanessa E. Munro
- The body, bodies, embodiment : feminist legal engagement with health / Marie Fox and Thérèse Murphy
- Motherhood and law : constructing and challenging normativity / Susan B. Boyd
- Marriage and civil partnership : law's role, feminism's response / Rosemary Auchmuty
- Gendered power over taxes and budgets / Åsa Gunnarsson
- From women and labour law to putting gender and law to work / Judy Fudge
- Gender, justice and law in a global market / Ann Stewart
- Women, migration and the constitutional underpinning of the European Union / Patricia Tuitt
- Ecofeminism and the environment : international law and climate change / Karen Morrow.