Performing archives/archives of performance /
|Imprint:||Copenhagen : Museum Tusculanum Press ; University of Copenhagen, 2013.|
|Description:||495 pages ; 24 cm.|
|Series:||PSi Performance Studies International. In between states|
In between states.
|Subject:||Performing arts archives.|
Performing arts archives.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/9327763|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: The Archive in Performance Studies
- I. Ontologies
- Archiving Legacies: Who Cares for Performance Remains?
- Unpredictable Temporalities: The Body and Performance in (Art) History
- Unstable Archives: Languages and Myths of the Visible
- This Way Brouwn: The Archive-Present, Past, and Future
- "All This Is Left": Performing and Reperforming Archives of Khmer Rouge Violence
- Choreographic Archives: Towards an Ontology of Movement Images
- Dance Encounters Online: Digital Archives and Performance
- Performance, Again: Resuscitating the Repertoire
- The Archive Is Here and Now: Reframing Political Events as Theatre
- II. Archives of Performance
- Remembering Istanbul: What, How & for Whom? Canons and Archives in Contemporary Art Biennialization
- Living Archives as Interventions in Ea Sola's Forgotten Fields
- Performing and Deforming the Family Archive
- The Performative Uses of the Surveillance Archive in Manu Luksch's Works
- Sombra Dolorosa (Guy Maddin, 2004): A Queer Archival Performance
- Undercover by Hotel Pro Forma, Performing the National Archive: Staging Cultural Heritage at the Royal Library in Copenhagen
- Flexowriters, Punch Paper Poetry, and Ontological Gaps: What happened to the Unheard Avant-Gardes?
- Staging the Self (Transformations, Invasions, and Pushing Boundaries)
- Archives and the Performance of Becoming "Other"
- III. Performing Archives
- Performing the Archive: The Future of the Past
- Performing Histories: Archiving Practices of Rimini Protokoll and The Atlas Group
- Archives of Secrecy: Yoshiko Shimada's Art Project Bones in Tansu-Family Secrets
- Labor of Love: Contesting Normative Urbanization in Marianne Jørgensen's love alley
- Escaping the Fortress of Memory: Archive Pathology in Lindsay Seers's Art
- The Trouble with Straight Time: Disruptive Anachronisms in Pauline Boudry and Renate Lorenz's N.O. Body
- Select Bibliography