The West Antarctic ice sheet : behavior and environment /
|Imprint:||Washington, D.C. : American Geophysical Union, 2001.|
|Description:||1 online resource (xi, 296 p.) : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.)|
|Series:||Antarctic research series, 0066-4634 ; v. 77|
Antarctic research series ; v. 77.
|Subject:||Ice sheets -- Antarctica.|
Inlandsis -- Antarctique.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/9130114|
Table of Contents:
- The West Antarctic ice sheet and sea-level change / R.B. Alley and R.A. Bindschadler
- Morphology and surface characteristics of the West Antarctic ice sheet / Mark Fahnestock and Jonathan Bamber
- The lithospheric setting in the West Antarctic ice sheet / I.W.D. Dalziel and L.A. Lawver
- Evolution of the West Antarctic ice sheet / John B. Anderson and Stephanie S. Shipp
- The glacial geologic terrestrial record from West Antarctica with emphasis on the last glacial cycle / Harold W. Borns, Jr.
- West Antarctic ice sheet elevation changes / Eric J. Steig ... [et al.]
- The El Niño-southern oscillation modulation of West Antarctic precipitation / David H. Bromwich and Aric N. Rogers
- Geologic controls on the initiation of rapid basal motion for West Antarctic ice streams : a geophysical perspective including new airborne radar sounding and laser altimetry results / D.D. Blankenship ... [et al.]
- Onset of streaming flow in the Siple Coast region, West Antarctica / Ribert Bindschadler, Jonathan Bamber, and Sridhar Anandakrishnan
- Ice stream shear margins / C.F. Raymond ... [et al.]
- Basal zone of the West Antarctic ice streams and its role in lubrication of their rapid motion / Barclay Kamb
- The contribution of numerical modelling to our understanding of the West Antarctic ice sheet / C.L. Hulbe and A.J. Payne
- Rutford Ice Stream, Antarctica / C.S.M. Doake ... [et al.]
- A review of Pine Island Glacier, West Antarctica : hypotheses of instability vs. observations of change / David G. Vaughan ... [et al.]
- Ice streams B and C / I.M. Whillans, C.R. Bentley, and C.J. van der Veen
- The flow regime of ice stream C and hypotheses concerning its recent stagnation / S. Anandakrishnan ... [et al.].