A manual of style for contract drafting / Kenneth A. Adams.
|Author / Creator||
Adams, Kenneth A., 1961- author.|
Chicago, Ill. : American Bar Association, Business Law Section, |
xxxiv, 477 pages ; 26 cm|
Contracts -- United States -- Language.|
Contracts -- United States.
Contracts -- Interpretation and construction.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- The characteristics of optimal contract language
- The front of the contract
- Categories of contract language
- The back of the contract
- Defined terms
- Sources of uncertainty in contract language
- "Reasonable efforts" and its variants
- "Material" and "material adverse change"
- References to time
- Ambiguity of the part versus the whole
- Syntactic ambiguity
- Selected usages
- Numbers and formulas
- Provisions specifying drafting conventions
- Drafting as writing
- Letter agreements
- Drafting corporate resolutions.