From Cape Town to Kabul : rethinking strategies for pursuing women's human rights / Penelope Andrews.
|Author / Creator||
Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, Vt. : Ashgate, 2012.|
1 online resource (viii, 221 p.)|
Women's Rights -- South Africa.|
Women's rights -- Afghanistan.
Sex discrimination against women -- Law and legislation -- South Africa.
Sex discrimination against women -- Law and legislation -- Afghanistan.
Sex discrimination against women -- Law and legislation.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Setting the stage : transforming women's lives
- The global legal campaign for women's rights
- Culture and women's rights : a continuing dilemma
- South Africa's constitutional project : constitutional text and constitutional jurisprudence
- Afghanistan and gender equality
- Reconsidering women's rights
- Obstacles to the pursuit of women's rights: conditional interdependence revisited.