Orthographies in early modern Europe / edited by Susan Baddeley, Anja Voeste.
Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter Mouton, c2012.|
vi, 383 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
Writing -- Europe -- History.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Orthographies in Early Modern Europe: A comparative view / Susan Baddeley and Anja Voeste
- Spanish: Variation and standardization in the history of Spanish spelling / Elena Lamas Pombo
- Italian: Italian orthography in Early Modern times / Andreas Michel
- French: French orthography in the 16th century / Susan Baddeley
- English: Variable focusing in English spelling between 1400 and 1600 / Terttu Nevalainen
- German The emergence of suprasegmental spellings in German / Anja Voeste
- Swedish: Variable norms in 16th-century Swedish orthography / Alexander Zheltukhin
- Polish: The standardization of Polish orthography in the 16th century / Daniel Bunčić
- Czech: Religion and diacritics: The case of Czech orthography / Tilman Berger
- Croatian: On the creation of Croatian: The development of Croatian Latin orthography in the 16th century / Roland Marti
- Hungarian: 16th-century Hungarian orthography / Klára Korompay
- Finnish: Standardization of Finnish orthography: From reformists to national awakeners / Taru Nordlund.