Gene therapy for cancer /
|Imprint:||Totowa, N.J. : Humana Press, c2007.|
|Description:||1 online resource (xi, 469 p.) : ill. (some col.)|
|Series:||Cancer drug discovery and development|
Cancer drug discovery and development.
|Subject:||Cancer -- Gene therapy.|
Neoplasms -- genetics.
Neoplasms -- therapy.
Gene Therapy -- methods.
Cancer -- Gene therapy.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/8884173|
Table of Contents:
- I. Vectors
- 1. Adenovector-Mediated Cancer Gene Therapy
- 2. Efficacy, Toxicity, and Immunogenicity of Adenoviral Vectors
- 3. Lentiviral and Retroviral Vector Systems
- 4. Vaccinia and Pox-Virus
- 5. Herpes Simplex Virus as a Therapy for Cancer
- 6. Alphavirus Vectors for Gene Therapy Applications
- 7. Vesicular Stomatitis Virus and RNA Viruses as Gene Therapy Vectors
- 8. Parvovirus Vectors
- 9. Nonviral Vector Systems
- II. Gene Therapy Approaches
- 10. Oncogenes, Tumor Suppressor Genes, and Apoptosis-Inducing Genes Utilized in Cancer Gene Therapy
- 11. Gene Silencing Therapy Against Cancer
- 12. Tumor Targeting-Retargeted Adenovirus
- 13. Oncolytic Herpes Simplex for Gene Therapy in Preclinical and Clinical Trials
- 14. Cytokine Gene Therapy for Genitourinary Cancer
- 15. Combination of Gene Therapy with Radiation
- 16. Gene Transfer for Chemoprotection and Enrichment of Hematopoietic Stem Cells
- 17. Nonviral Genetic Vaccines for Cancer
- 18. Gene Therapy Targeted at Angiogenesis and Lymphangiogenesis for Cancer Treatment
- 19. Tumor-Specific Replicating Adenoviruses: [Delta] 24 for Human Gliomas
- III. Clinical Applications
- 20. Problems, Side Effects, and Disappointments in Clinical Cancer Gene Therapy
- 21. Trials and Tribulations in Developing Clinical Trials of Gene Therapy: E1A for Breast or Ovarian Cancer
- 22. Phase I Clinical Experience with Intravenous Administration of PV701, an Oncolytic Virus
- 23. MDA-7/IL-24 as a Multi-Modality Therapy for Cancer
- 24. Development of Therapeutic Genes for Breast Cancer Treatment
- 25. Steps in a Translational Cancer Gene Therapy Trial