Boilerplate : The Foundation of Market Contracts / Edited by Omri Ben-Shahar.
|Author / Creator||
Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2007|
1 online resource (256 p.) : digital, PDF file(s).|
Standardized terms of contract. |
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Part I. Why is Boilerplate One-Sided?
- 1. One-sided contracts in competitive consumer markets
- 2. Cooperative negotiations in the shadow of boilerplate
- 3. Boilerplate and economic power in auto manufacturing contracts
- 4. 'Unfair' dispute resolution clauses: much ado about nothing?
- 5. The unconventional uses of transactions costs
- Part II. Should Boilerplate be Regulated?
- 6. Online boilerplate: would mandatory website disclosure of e-standard terms backfire?
- 7. Pre-approved boilerplate
- 8. 'Contracting' for credit
- 9. The role of non profits in the production of boilerplate
- 10. The boilerplate paradox
- Part III. Interpretation of Boilerplate
- 11. Contract as Statute
- 12. Modularity in contracts: boilerplate and information flow
- 13. Contra Preferendum: the allure of ambiguous boilerplate
- Part IV. Commentary
- 14. Boilerplate today: the rise of modularity and the waning of consent Margaret
- 15. The law and sociology of boilerplate