Climate change in the Great Lakes region : navigating an uncertain future /
|Imprint:||East Lansing : Michigan State University Press, c2012.|
|Description:||269 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.|
|Subject:||Climatic changes -- Great Lakes Region (North America)|
Great Lakes Region (North America) -- Environmental conditions.
Great Lakes Region.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/8828264|
Table of Contents:
- Thinking about Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region
- Part 1. Effects of Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region
- Historical Climate Trends in Michigan and the Great Lakes Region
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Strategies for Great Lakes Nearshore and Coastal Systems
- Climate Change and Biodiversity in the Great Lakes Region: From "Fingerprints" of Change to Helping Safeguard Species
- Part 2. Decision Making and Climate Change
- Decision Making under Climate Uncertainty: The Power of Understanding Judgment and Decision Processes
- Agricultural Adaptation to Climate Change: Is Uncertain Information Usable Knowledge?
- Adapting to Climate Change in the Context of Multiple Risks: A Case Study of Cash Crop Farming in Ontario
- Part 3. Adaptation Tools and Case Studies
- The Contextual Importance of Uncertainty in Climate-Sensitive Decision-Making: Toward an Integrative Decision-Centered Screening Tool
- Linking Science to Decision Making in the Great Lakes Region
- The Development and Communication of an Ensemble of Local-Scale Climate Scenarios: An Example from the Pileus Project
- Preparing for Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region
- Notes on the Contributors
- Reflections on Stephen H. Schneider