Promoting Silicon Valleys in Latin America : lessons from Costa Rica /
|Author / Creator:||Ciravegna, Luciano, 1978-|
|Imprint:||London ; New York : Routledge, 2012.|
|Description:||xv, 156 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm.|
|Series:||Regions and cities|
Regions and cities.
|Subject:||High technology industries -- Latin America.|
Information technology -- Latin America.
Industrial clusters -- Latin America.
Industrial promotion -- Latin America.
High technology industries.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/8775872|
Table of Contents:
- List of figures and tables
- List of abbreviations
- 1. Introduction: searching for sustainable development models in Latin America
- 2. Theoretical background
- 3. Building ICT clusters in Latin America: the Costa Rican experience
- 4. From foreign direct investment to multinational corporations' networks with local firms
- 5. Financing networks: investors networks in the Costa Rican cluster
- 6. Networks of Costa Rican ICT producers: local rivalries in a small market
- 7. Innovation networks: linking academia and the private sector
- 8. Local companies' networks with firms located abroad: building transnational social ties
- 9. Conclusion