Issues in North American trade and finance : Fourth International Congress / Rodrigue Tremblay, selection editor.
|Corporate author / creator||
North American Economics and Finance Association. International Congress (4th : 1986 : Université de Montréal)|
Montréal : North American Economics and Finance Association = Association Nord-Américaine d'économie et de finance = Asociación Norteamericana de Economia y Finanzas, 1987.|
xiv, 633 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.|
International finance -- Congresses.|
Debts, Public -- Congresses.
Money -- Congresses.
Commerce -- Congresses.
Corporations -- Finance -- Congresses.
Finances internationales -- Congrès.
Dettes publiques -- Congrès.
Monnaie -- Congrès.
Commerce -- Congrès.
Entreprises -- Finances -- Congrès.
Corporations -- Finance.
Conference papers and proceedings.
E-Resource, Print, Book|
Presentation / Rodrigue Tremblay -- International debt and adjustment : setting the issues in a global perspective / Richard D. Erb -- External debt management and the International Monetary Fund / Manuel Guitian -- Mexico's debt problems and alternatives / Bela Belassa -- Solutions for Mexico's external debt problem / James H. Street -- The international debt issue / Edward Neufeld -- The Baker Plan and LDC's foreign debt / Thomas Berger -- Mexico's debt crisis and adjustment strategies / Kwan S. Kim -- The debtor-creditor status of Latin American countries and the issue of repudiation or forgiveness of debt / Stanton A. Warren and J. Thomas Romans -- The international debt crisis ; a dynamite issue / John Kaminarides -- Debt and the standard of living in the Caribbean and Latin America / Ransford W. Palmer.|
Business cycles, inflation and the price of gold : an empirical investigation / D.S. Giannaros and M.K. Lashgari -- The international equality of real interest rates / Francesco Caramazza -- Floating exchange rates and U.S.-Canadian trade / Ammesh Ghoshal -- Currency baskets : can the SDR match the ECU's success? / François Leroux -- The domestic roots of chronic international problems : a philosophy of economics / Alex N. McLeod -- The transmission of U.S. business cycles to Canada : a regional perspective / Jacques Raynauld -- The Canadian dollar : the odd currency / Roger Dehem -- Countertrade : a partial solution to liquidity crisis of Mexico / Michel Serruya and Michel Librowicz -- An analysis of foreign asset behavior in Jamaica : 1957-1981 / Barry V. Cozier -- The demand for financial assets in Canada / A.A. Andrikopoulos, J.A. Broy and D.E. Matthews.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Changes in loan practices by banks: an explanation of Canada's economic decline in the early 1980's / Alan Hochstein
- Geographic diversification and concentration in U.S. commercial banking and thrift markets: a regional analysis / James C. Baker and Jacobus T. Severlens
- Factors determining the survival of the relatively small size U.S. banks in the late eighties / Raquibiz Zaman
- Financial innovations in Canada and forecasting money stocks: an econometric analysis (1967-1985) / M. Kabir and I. Mangla
- National strategies for international competitiveness / Alan M. Rugman
- Economic imperatives behind a North American free trade agreement / Ronald J. Wonnacott
- Canadian foreign subsidiaries: productivity and trade performance / Donald C. MacCharles
- The reaction of U.S. based multinational enterprises to free trade between Canada and the United States: impediments to empirical verification / Bernard M. Wolf
- The changing patterns of world trade: the export growth countries / Edward B. Flowers and Francis A. Lees
- The Canadian industries of telecommunication equipments and computers