Introduction to environmental law : cases and materials on water pollution control /
|Author / Creator:||Miller, Jeffrey G., 1941-|
|Imprint:||Washington, D.C. : Environmental Law Institute, 2008.|
|Description:||xxvi, 958 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.|
|Subject:||Environmental law -- United States -- Cases.|
Environmental protection -- United States -- Cases.
Water -- Pollution -- United States.
Water quality management -- United States.
Water -- Pollution -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Water -- Pollution.
Water -- Pollution -- Law and legislation.
Water quality management.
Trials, litigation, etc.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/8659887|
Table of Contents:
- The CWA and the water pollution problem
- Water pollution and common-law torts
- Introduction to the CWA and the administrative process
- The basic prohibition of the clean water act
- Water quality standards
- Technology-based standards
- Permits and state permit programs
- POTW's and pretreatment
- Inspections and information gathering
- EPA enforcement
- Citizen suit enforcement
- Wetlands protection
- Nonpoint source pollution
- Spills of oil and hazardous substances
- The CWA in relation to other laws.