The socioeconomic dimensions of HIV/AIDS in Africa : challenges, opportunities, and misconceptions /
|Imprint:||Ithaca [N.Y.] : Cornell University Press, c2010.|
|Description:||xix, 343 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Subject:||AIDS (Disease) -- Social aspects -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.|
AIDS (Disease) -- Economic aspects -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
HIV infections -- Economic aspects -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
HIV infections -- Social aspects -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
AIDS (Disease) -- Economic aspects.
AIDS (Disease) -- Social aspects.
HIV infections -- Economic aspects.
HIV infections -- Social aspects.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/8297818|
Table of Contents:
- HIV/AIDS, economic growth, inequality / Markus Haacker
- Governing a world with HIV and AIDS : an unfinished success story / Alex de Waal
- Microeconomic perspectives on the impacts of HIV/AIDS / Kathleen Beegle, Markus Goldstein, and Harsha Thirumurthy
- The AIDS epidemic, nutrition, food security, and livelihoods : review of evidence in Africa / Suneetha Kadiyala and Antony Chapoto
- The relationship between HIV infection and education : an analysis of six Sub-Saharan African countries / Damien de Walque and Rachel Kline
- Back to basics : gender, social norms, and the AIDS epidemic in Sub-Saharan Africa / Susan Cotts Watkins
- The fight against AIDS in the larger context : the end of "AIDS exceptionalism" / Roger England
- Prevention failure : the ballooning entitlement burden of U.S. global AIDS treatment spending and what to do about it / Mead Over
- HIV prevention in Africa : what has been learned? / Peter Glick
- Treating ourselves to trouble? : the impact of HIV treatment in Africa : lessons from the industrial world / Elizabeth Pisani.