Dethroning the king : the hostile takeover of Anheuser-Busch, an American icon /
The takeover of one of the most well-known and beloved American brands by a Belgian company controlled by Brazilians is a drama that went largely unreported in 2008, coming as it did in the midst of a economic crisis of unimaginable proportions. Julie MacIntosh, the leading reporter worldwide coveri...
|Author / Creator:||MacIntosh, Julie.|
|Imprint:||Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2011.|
|Description:||xix, 380 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.|
Consolidation and merger of corporations -- United States.
Consolidation and merger of corporations.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/8265757|
- Cast of Characters
- Author's Note
- Chapter 1. The Game is Afoot
- Chapter 2. Crazy and Lazy at Loggerheads
- Chapter 3. The Colossus
- Chapter 4. Selling the American Dream
- Chapter 5. The Fourth Abides
- Chapter 6. The Hunter's Frozen Trigger Finger
- Chapter 7. A Babe in the Woods
- Chapter 8. The Old Gobi Desert Trick
- Chapter 9. Mr. Brito Goes to Washington
- Chapter 10. Angry Bedfellows
- Chapter 11. The Board: August, August, and Augusta
- Chapter 12. The Montagues and the Busches
- Chapter 13. A Seller from "Hello"
- Chapter 14. Put Up or Shut Up
- Chapter 15. A Long Way from St. Louis
- Chapter 16. A Toast on Both Sides
- Chapter 17. Cash Out or Hunker Down
- About the Author