Law and happiness /
|Imprint:||Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2010.|
|Description:||1 online resource.|
|Subject:||Happiness -- Congresses.|
Happiness -- Economic aspects -- Congresses.
Well-being -- Government policy -- Congresses.
Compensation (Law) -- Congresses.
Happiness -- Economic aspects.
Conference papers and proceedings.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/8056112|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to the conference on law and happiness / Eric A. Posner and Cass R. Sunstein
- Measuring well-being for public policy: preferences or experiences? / Paul Dolan and Tessa Peasgood
- Happiness inequality in the United States / Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers
- Who is the happy warrior? : philosophy poses questions to psychology / Martha C. Nussbaum
- Two recommendations on the pursuit of happiness / Christopher K. Hsee, Fei Xu, and Ningyu Tang
- Hive psychology, happiness, and public policy / Jonathan Haidt, J. Patrick Seder, and Selin Kesebir
- Illusory losses / Cass R. Sunstein
- Pain and suffering awards: they shouldn't be (just) about pain and suffering / Peter A. Ubel and George Loewenstein
- Death, happiness, and the calculation of compensatory damages / Andrew J. Oswald and Nattavudh Powdthavee
- Happiness research and cost-benefit analysis / Matthew Adler and Eric A. Posner
- What does happiness research tell us about taxation? / David A. Weisbach
- The effect of crime on life satisfaction / Mark A. Cohen.