Contract drafting : powerful prose in transactional practice / Lenné Eidson Espenschied.
|Author / Creator||
Espenschied, Lenné Eidson.|
Chicago : American Bar Association, c2010.|
xvii, 311 p. ; 23 cm.|
Contracts -- United States -- Language.|
Contracts -- Language.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to legal drafting
- Drafting in transactional practice zero-based drafting
- Draft to fit the transaction
- Components of a contract
- Understand the transaction
- Avoid ambiguity
- Focus on word selection
- Use words consistently
- Focus on sentence structure
- Identify common sources of syntactic ambiguity
- Start from a winning position
- Eliminate contextual ambiguity
- Consider these issues
- Edit or review effectively.