The complete QDRO handbook : dividing ERISA, military, and civil service pensions and collecting child support from employee benefit plans / David Clayton Carrad.
|Author / Creator||
Carrad, David Clayton, 1944-|
Chicago, Ill. : Section of Family Law , American Bar Association, c2009.|
xxvii, 439 p. : forms ; 23 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)|
Pension trusts -- Law and legislation -- United States.|
Deferred compensation -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Qualified domestic relations orders -- United States.
Divorce settlements -- United States.
Support (Domestic relations) -- United States.
Deferred compensation -- Law and legislation.
Pension trusts -- Law and legislation.
Qualified domestic relations orders.
Support (Domestic relations)
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Employee benefit plans and family support obligations
- "Just enough ERISA" : core definitions and principles
- Essential information and how to get it
- Interim relief
- Inclusion and valuation
- How to divide deferred payment annuities
- Assessing your client's needs and wishes : formulating a strategy
- Drafting the DRO
- From DRO to QDRO
- QDRO litigation
- Military retired pay
- Federal civil service pension plans
- Miscellaneous plans : IRAs, nonqualified plans, state and local pension plans, and QMCSOs
- QDROs : from headache to profit center for your law practice
- QDROs : from headache to enhanced employee benefit for plan administrators and their lawyers
- Managing IV-D agencies to collect child support with QDROs
- Family court judges and QDROs
- Current trends and future developments in QDROs.