The Western Bark Beetle Research Group : a unique collaboration with forest health protection : proceedings of a symposium at the 2007 Society of American Foresters Conference, October 23-28, 2007, Portland, Oregon /
|Imprint:||Portland, OR : U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station, 2009.|
|Description:||1 online resource (134 pages) : illustrations (some color), maps (some color).|
|Series:||General technical report PNW ; GTR-784|
General technical report PNW ; 784.
|Subject:||Bark beetles -- Control -- West (U.S.) -- Congresses.|
Conifers -- Diseases and pests -- Control -- West (U.S.) -- Congresses.
Forest health -- West (U.S.) -- Congresses.
|Format:||E-Resource U.S. Federal Government Document Book|
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/7912106|
Table of Contents:
- Bark beetle conditions in western forests and formation of the Western Bark Beetle Research Group / Robert J. Cain and Jane L. Hayes
- Bark beetle responses to vegetation management treatments / Joel D. McMillin and Christopher J. Fettig
- Bark beetles in a changing climate / John E. Lundquist and Barbara J. Bentz
- Fire and bark beetle interactions / Ken Gibson and José F. Negrón
- Some ecological, economic, and social consequences of bark beetle infestations / Robert A. Progar, Andris Eglitis, and John E. Lundquist
- Semiochemical sabotage: behavioral chemicals for protection of western conifers from bark beetles / Nancy E. Gillette and A. Steve Munson
- What risks do invasive bark beetles and woodborers pose to forests of the western United States? A case study of the Mediterranean pine engraver, Orthotomicus erosus / Steven J. Seybold and Marla Downing.