A concise guide to the nuts and bolts of estates and future interests / Andrew Beckerman-Rodau ; edited by Molly Rodau.
|Author / Creator||
Durham, N.C. : Carolina Academic Press, c2010.|
xii, 265 p. ; 23 cm.|
Estates (Law) -- United States.|
Future interests -- United States.
Real property -- United States.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- An introduction to basic property concepts
- Transferring property: basic vocabulary
- Types of real property interests: introductory background
- Types of estates
- Estates subject to conditions
- Types of future interests
- Types of remainders
- Types of executory interests
- Transferring estates and future interests
- Creating and analyzing estates and future interests
- Distinguishing between a condition precedent and a condition subsequent
- Alternative contingent remainders
- Limitations on restricting property rights: restraints on alienation and marriage
- Limitations on future interests: doctrine of destructibility of contingent remainders
- Limitations on future interests: the rule in Shelley's case
- Limitations on future interests: the doctrine of worthier title
- Limitations on future interests: the rule against perpetuities
- Sample exam questions with answers and explanations.