Service industries : a geographical appraisal /
|Author / Creator:||Daniels, P. W.|
|Imprint:||London ; New York : Methuen, 1985.|
|Description:||xx, 322 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.|
|Subject:||Service industries -- Location.|
Service industries -- Location.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/726889|
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1. Service Industries: Identity and Delimitation
- Chapter 2. Service Industries in the Economy: Some Preliminary Empirical Evidence
- Chapter 3. Some Causes and Further Consequences of the Emergence of Services
- Chapter 4. Service Industry Location: The Central Place Model
- Chapter 5. Service Industry Location: beyond the Central Place Model
- Chapter 6. Equity and Access: Public and Private Consumer Services
- Chapter 7. Inter-Sectoral Dependence, Centralization and Producer Services
- Chapter 8. Locational Dynamics of Producer and Consumer Services: Competition between Cbd and Suburbs
- Chapter 9. Public Policies, Institutions and the Location of Services
- Chapter 10. New Technology and the Geography of Services
- Appendix 1.
- Appendix 2.
- Appendix 3.
- Name Index
- Subject Index