Qualified domestic relations orders : strategy and liability for the family law attorney /
|Author / Creator:||Dietrich, Raymond S.|
|Imprint:||Newark, NJ : LexisNexis, 2008.|
|Description:||1 v. (various pagings) ; 25 cm.|
|Subject:||Equitable distribution of marital property -- United States.|
Qualified domestic relations orders -- United States.
Pension trusts -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Equitable distribution of marital property.
Pension trusts -- Law and legislation.
Qualified domestic relations orders.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/7244587|
Table of Contents:
- Operation of law
- Trend in QDRO case law
- Avoiding malpractice strategy
- Governance of QDROS
- Impact of the 2006 Pension Protection Act ("PPA") on the assignment of benefits in divorce
- Plan administrator strategy
- Plan-based strategy
- Benefit-based strategy
- State plan strategy
- Duration of benefit strategy : separate or shared interest
- Time rule/coverture strategy : amount of the award
- Social security offset strategy
- Nunc pro tunc strategy
- Present value strategy : the QDRO alternative
- Community property strategy
- Stock option strategy
- QDRO taxation strategy
- Military retired pay strategy
- Federal retirement plan strategy.