The resurrection of Jesus in the Gospel of John / edited by Craig R. Koester and Reimund Bieringer.
|Imprint:||Tübingen, Germany : Mohr Siebeck, c2008.|
|Description:||viii, 358 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Series:||Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament, 0512-1604 ; 222|
|Subject:||Jesus Christ -- Resurrection -- Biblical teaching.|
Bible. -- John. -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Bible. -- John -- Theology.
Bible. -- John.
Resurrection of Jesus Christ -- Biblical teaching.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/7182511|
Table of Contents:
- From discord rises meaning : resurrection motifs in the Fourth Gospel / Harold W. Attridge
- 'The light shines in the darkness ...' : creation, incarnation, and resurrection in John / John Painter
- Jesus' resurrection, the signs, and the dynamics of faith in the Gospel of John / Craig R. Koester
- The narrative hermeneutics in John 11 : learning with Lazarus how to understand death, life, and resurrection / Ruben Zimmermann
- Jesus' resurrection in the farewell discourses / Jean Zumstein
- Cross and resurrection in the Gospel of John / Udo Schnelle
- Touching the risen Jesus : Mary Magdalene and Thomas the Twin in John 20 / Sandra M. Schneiders
- Resurrection, recognition, reassuring : the function of Jesus' resurrection in the Fourth Gospel / Jesper Tang Nielsen
- "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God" (John 20:17) : resurrection and ascension in the Gospel of John / Reimund Bieringer
- Resurrection and the remission of sins : John 20:23 against its traditional background / Johannes Beutler
- Realized eschatology in the experience of the Johannine community / R. Alan Culpepper
- Eschatology as liturgy : Jesus' resurrection and Johannine eschatology / Hans-Ulrich Weidemann
- The significance of the resurrection appearance in John 21 / Martin Hasitschka.