HIV/AIDS in Africa : challenges & impact /
|Imprint:||Trenton, NJ : Africa World Press, c2008.|
|Description:||viii, 204 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.|
|Subject:||AIDS (Disease) -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.|
HIV infections -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
HIV Infections -- Africa South of the Sahara.
HIV Infections -- economics -- Africa South of the Sahara.
Socioeconomic Factors -- Africa South of the Sahara.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/7142759|
Table of Contents:
- HIV/AIDS, demographics, and economic development / Matthew Hodge
- HIV/AIDS, the military, and the future of Africa's security / Robert L. Ostergard Jr.
- HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa: using a comprehensive approach to tackle an epidemic / Eric G. Bing & Karen G. Cheng
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on tertiary education and health sectors in Africa / Paula Tavrow & Edith Mukudi
- The role of communities & civil society organizations in response to sub-Saharan Africa's AIDS epidemic / Scott G. Chaplowe and Ruth Bamela Engo-Tjéga
- Combating AIDS through the private sector: a prescription for business / Vivian Lowery Derryck
- Making services work in HIV/AIDS affected countries / Stephen Commins.