How judges think / Richard A. Posner.
|Author / Creator||
Posner, Richard A.|
Cambridge, MA : Harvard University Press, c2008.|
387 p. ; 24 cm.|
Judicial process. |
Judicial process -- United States.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Nine theories of judicial behavior
- The judge as labor-market participant
- The judge as occasional legislator
- The mind of the legislating judge
- The judicial environment : external constraints on judging
- Altering the environment : tenure and salary issues
- Judicial method : internal constraints on judging
- Judges are not law professors
- Is pragmatic adjudication inescapable?
- The Supreme Court is a political court
- Comprehensive constitutional theories
- Judicial cosmopolitanism.