Labor law in a nutshell /
|Author / Creator:||Leslie, Douglas L., 1942-|
|Imprint:||St. Paul, Minn. : Thomson/ West, 2008.|
|Description:||xxiv, 388 p. ; 19 cm.|
|Series:||West Nutshell series|
|Subject:||Labor laws and legislation -- United States.|
Labor unions -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Collective labor agreements -- United States.
Collective labor agreements.
Labor laws and legislation.
Labor unions -- Law and legislation.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/6664112|
Table of Contents:
- Early regulation by law and a statutory overview
- NLRB structure and procedure
- Selecting a bargaining representative
- Organizational picketing
- Employer economic responses to concerted employee activity
- Secondary boycotts, hot cargo agreements, union jurisdictional disputes and featherbedding
- The duty to bargain
- Labor and antitrust laws
- Enforcement of collective bargaining agreements
- Federal preemption of state legislation
- NLRA regulation of internal union affairs
- LMRDA regulation of internal union affairs.