Boilerplate : the foundation of market contracts /
|Imprint:||New York : Cambridge University Press, 2007.|
|Description:||xviii, 237 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|Subject:||Standardized terms of contract.|
Standardized terms of contract.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/6430911|
Table of Contents:
- 6. Online Boilerplate: Would Mandatory Web Site Disclosure of e-Standard Terms Backfire?
- 7. Preapproved Boilerplate
- 8. "Contracting" for Credit
- 9. The Role of Nonprofits in the Production of Boilerplate
- 10. The Boilerplate Puzzle
- Part 3. Interpretation of Boilerplate
- 11. Contract as Statute
- 12. Modularity in Contracts: Boilerplate and Information Flow
- 13. Contra Proferentem: The Allure of Ambiguous Boilerplate
- Part 4. Commentary
- List of Contributors
- 14. Boilerplate Today: The Rise of Modularity and the Waning of Consent
- 15. The Law and Sociology of Boilerplate
- Part 1. Why is Boilerplate One-Sided?
- 1. One-Sided Contracts in Competitive Consumer Markets
- 2. Cooperative Negotiations in the Shadow of Boilerplate
- 3. Boilerplate and Economic Power in Auto-Manufacturing Contracts
- 4. "Unfair" Dispute Resolution Clauses: Much Ado about Nothing?
- 5. The Unconventional Uses of Transaction Costs
- Part 2. Should Boilerplate Be Regulated?