Federal preemption : states' powers, national interests / editors, Richard Epstein, Michael Greve.
Washington, D.C. : AEI Press, 2007.|
xviii, 362 p. ; 23 cm.|
Exclusive and concurrent legislative powers -- United States.|
Federal government -- United States.
State governments -- United States.
Exclusive and concurrent legislative powers.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Federal displacement of state law : the nineteenth-century view / Viet C. Dinh
- The breadth vs. the depth of Congress's commerce power : the curious history of preemption during the Lochner era / Stephen A. Gardbaum
- The case for FDA preemption / Daniel E. Troy
- Federal preemption in cellular phone regulation / Thomas W. Hazlett
- Federalism and financial regulation / Hal S. Scott
- Preemption in environmental law : formalism, federalism theory, and default rules / Thomas W. Merrill
- Supreme Court preemption : the contested middle ground of products liability / Samuel Issacharoff & Catherine M. Sharkey
- The problem of federal preemption : toward a formal solution / Robert R. Gasaway & Ashley C. Parrish
- Federal preemption and state autonomy / Ernest A. Young
- Supremacy and preemption : a view from Europe / Anne van Aaken.