Poverty and policy in post-apartheid South Africa /
|Imprint:||Cape Town, South Africa : HSRC Press, 2006.|
|Description:||xvi, 471 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Subject:||Poverty -- South Africa.|
Poverty -- South Africa -- Statistics.
Unemployment -- South Africa.
Unemployment -- South Africa -- Statistics.
Equality -- South Africa.
Equality -- South Africa -- Statistics.
Labor market -- South Africa.
Labor market -- South Africa -- Statistics.
South Africa -- Economic conditions -- 1991-
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/6367367|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : poverty and well-being in post-apartheid South Africa / Haroon Bhorat and Ravi Kanbur
- From chimera to prospect : South African sources of and constrains on long term growth, 1970-2000 / Johannes Fedderke
- Poverty and inequality in post-apartheid South Africa : 1995-2000 / Johannes G. Hoogeveen and Berk Özler
- Measuring recent changes in South African inequality and poverty using 1996 and 2001 census data / Murray Leibbrandt ... [et al.]
- Evolution of the labour market : 1995-2002 / Haroon Bhorat and Morné Oosthuizen
- Public spending and the poor since the transition to democracy / Servaas van der Berg
- Trade liberalisation and labour demand in South Africa during the 1990s / Lawrence Edwards
- Does city structure cause unemployment? : the case of Cape Town / Sandrine Rospabe and Harris Selod
- Crime and local inequality in South Africa / Gabriel Demombynes and Berk Özler
- Poverty, asset accumulation and shocks in South Africa : evidence from KwaZulu-Natal / Julian May
- Internal labour migration and household poverty in post-apartheid South Africa / Dorrit Posel and Daniela Casale
- Half-measures revisited : the ANC's unemployment and poverty reduction goals / Charles Meth.