Change in the construction industry : an account of the UK construction industry reform movement 1993-2003 /
|Author / Creator:||Adamson, David M., 1943-|
|Imprint:||London ; New York : Routledge, 2006.|
|Description:||xvi, 162 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|Series:||Routledge studies in business organisations and networks ; 36|
Routledge studies in business organization and networks ; 36.
|Subject:||Construction industry -- Great Britain.|
Construction industry -- Great Britain -- Management.
Industrial policy -- Great Britain.
Construction industry -- Management.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/6247274|
Table of Contents:
- List of figures
- 5. The establishment of the Construction Industry Board
- 6. The CIB in action
- 7. The development of the client movement
- 8. Change of government/change of direction
- 9. The beginnings of the dissolution of the Latham bodies
- 10. The work of M4I and Rethinking Construction
- 11. A phoenix from the ashes
- List of tables
- I. Summary of recommendations of the report Constructing the Team
- II. Key points of the 1989 report Building Towards 2001
- 1. The state of the industry prior to the 1990s
- 2. The Latham review
- 3. Action resulting from Latham
- 4. The establishment of the Construction Clients' Forum