Land use in a nutshell / by John R. Nolon, Patricia E. Salkin.
|Author / Creator||
Nolon, John R.|
[Eagan, Minn.] : Thomson/West, 2006.|
xxxv, 410 p. ; 19 cm.|
West nutshell series|
Land use -- Law and legislation -- United States.|
Zoning law -- United States.
Real estate development -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Land use -- Law and legislation.
Real estate development -- Law and legislation.
E-Resource, Print, Book|
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Ch. 1. Introduction and common law origins
- Ch. 2. Land use plans and the planning process
- Ch. 3. Zoning districts and the separation of land uses
- Ch. 4. Subdivision control and other methods of community building
- Ch. 5. Fifth amendment limits on land use regulations
- Ch. 6. Other constitutional and statutory limits on land use regulation
- Ch. 7. Smart growth and other flexible land use strategies
- Ch. 8. Housing and urban redevelopment
- Ch. 9. Local environmental law as a land use issue
- Ch. 10. Aesthetic, historic and cultural interest protection
- Ch. 11. Initiatives, referenda, mediation, and judicial review
- Ch. 12. Critical contemporary land use issues
- Appendix. An Internet guide to land use research