The text in the community : essays on medieval works, manuscripts, authors, and readers / edited by Jill Mann & Maura Nolan.
Notre Dame, Ind. : University of Notre Dame Press, c2006.|
xv, 296 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.|
Literature, Medieval -- History and criticism.|
Manuscripts, Medieval -- History.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- List of Illustrations
- List of Contributors
- Abbreviations List
- 1. Versifying the Bible in the Middle Ages
- 2. "He Knew Nat Catoun": Medieval School-Texts and Middle English Literature
- 3. Computing Cynewulf: The Judith-Connection
- 4. The Contexts of Notre Dame 67
- 5. The Haunted Text: Ghostly Reflections in A Mirror to Devout People
- 6. The Visual Environment of Carthusian Texts: Decoration and Illustration in Notre Dame 67
- 7. The Knight and the Rose: French Manuscripts in the Notre Dame Library
- 8. The Meditations on the Life of Christ: An Illuminated Fourteenth-Century Italian Manuscript at the University of Notre Dame
- Index of Manuscripts
- General Index