Uncertain shield : the U.S. intelligence system in the throes of reform / Richard A. Posner.
|Author / Creator||
Posner, Richard A.|
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield ; Distributed by National Book Network, c2006.|
xxi, 228 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
Hoover studies in politics, economics, and society|
Intelligence service -- United States.|
Intelligence service -- Law and legislation -- United States.
National security -- United States.
National security -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Intelligence service -- Law and legislation.
National security -- Law and legislation.
E-Resource, Print, Book|
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- 1. How the Intelligence Reform Act Evolved from the 9/11 Commission's Report
- 2. Critical Overkill: The Report of the Commission on Weapons of Mass Destruction
- 3. The 2005 Reorganization of the U.S. Intelligence System
- 4. The Crisis in Domestic Intelligence
- 5. Forming a Security Intelligence Service
- 6. Automation Woes
- 7. Congress's Role in Intelligence I: The Issue of Presidential Prerogative
- 8. Congress's Role in Intelligence II: Legislative Oversight