Uncertain shield : the U.S. intelligence system in the throes of reform / Richard A. Posner.
|Author / Creator||
Posner, Richard A.|
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield ; Distributed by National Book Network, c2006.|
xxi, 228 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
Hoover studies in politics, economics, and society|
Intelligence service -- United States.|
Intelligence service -- Law and legislation -- United States.
National security -- United States.
National security -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Intelligence service -- Law and legislation.
National security -- Law and legislation.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- How the Intelligence Reform Act evolved from the 9/11 Commission's report
- Critical overkill : the report of the commission on weapons of mass destruction
- The 2005 reorganization of the U.S. intelligence system
- The crisis in domestic intelligence
- Forming a security intelligence service
- Automation woes
- Congress's role in intelligence I : the issue of presidential prerogative
- Congress's role in intelligence II : legislative oversight.