A catalogue of books printed in the fifteenth century now in the Bodleian Library / by Alan Coates ... [et al.] ; with the assistance of Carolinne White and Elizabeth Mathew ; blockbooks, woodcut and metalcut single sheets by Nigel F. Palmer ; an inventory of Hebrew incunabula by Silke Schaeper.
|Corporate author / creator||
Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2005.|
6 v. (lxxxvii, 2956 p.) ; 28 cm.|
Bodleian Library -- Catalogs.|
Incunabula -- England -- Oxford -- Catalogs.
Block books -- Catalogs.
England -- Oxford.
Bibliography -- Catalogs.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Preface, R. P. Carr, Director of University Library Services and Bodley's Librarian
- List of Organisations and Individuals who sponsored cataloguing project
- List of Members of the Cataloguing Team
- List of Academic Advisers
- Bibliographical abbreviations
- General abbreviations
- Introduction Alan Coates
- (a). Historical introduction
- (i). acquisition of incunubala
- (ii). housing of incunabula
- (iii). cataloguing of incunabula
- (b). The form of the entries in the Catalogue
- The Catalogue
- (a). Blockbooks, Nigel Palmer
- (b). Western incunabula, A-Z
- (c). Lisf of Hebraica, Silke Schaeper
- (a). Authors, Translators, Editors, Dedicatees
- (b). Owners and Donors
- (c). Printers and Publishers APPENDICES
- (a). Items recorded by L. A. Sheppard, but not included in the Catalogue
- (b). Items included in ISTC, but excluded from the Catalogue
- (c). List of items in Schreiber `Woodcuts from Books of the XVth Century'
- Bodleian shelfmarks with Catalouge [Bod-inc.] numbers