Unemployed youth and social exclusion in Europe : learning for inclusion? /
|Author / Creator:||Weil, Susan Warner.|
|Imprint:||Aldershot, Hampshire, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2005.|
|Description:||xvi, 273 p. ; 25 cm.|
|Subject:||Unemployed youth -- Europe -- Social conditions.|
Unemployed youth -- Services for -- Europe.
Unemployed youth -- Services for -- Research.
Youth with social disabilities -- Europe.
Marginality, Social -- Europe.
Youth with social disabilities.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/5612906|
Table of Contents:
- Encounters: Orientations
- The research wellspring for this book
- Three starting stories: young Europeans being 'Activated' for employment
- Youth transition research: changing metaphors and languages in a globalizing world
- Lenses On The Shifting Landscape Of 'Activation'
- Activation practices: an emerging topography
- Working-identities in (com)motion
- Agency, empowerment, and activation: balancing contradictions
- Re-vis(ion)ing professional practice with young unemployed adults
- Paradoxes And Possibilities
- Policy, Practice And Research
- Making the bridge: introduction
- Ideologies and policy discourses: impacts from 'On High' and 'Afar'
- Restrictive and reflexive activation discourses explored
- Learning and improvisation at the policy-practice interface