Here speeching American : a very strange guide to English as it is garbled around the world /
|Author / Creator:||Petras, Kathryn.|
|Imprint:||New York : Villard Books, c2004.|
|Description:||xiv, 223 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.|
|Subject:||English language -- Errors of usage -- Humor.|
English language -- Foreign countries -- Humor.
Communication, International -- Humor.
English language -- Errors of usage.
English language -- Foreign countries.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/5538183|
Table of Contents:
- About This Book
- Air Travel
- In the Airport
- Zoos and National Parks
- Museums and Historic Sites
- Other Sites
- Rest Rooms, or "When the Need Strikes"
- Culture and the Arts
- Sports and Games
- Visiting Embassies Overseas
- Getting Around: Public Transportation
- Getting Around: Driving
- Shopping for Clothing and Accessories
- Pampering Yourself: Visiting Beauty Shops and Spas
- Dining Out
- Learning the Local Language
- Writing Home
- Holidays and Special Events
- In Case of Emergency
- The Business Traveler
- Government Agencies and Officials
- The Local Media
- So You're Planning to Live Overseas
- Shopping for Essentials
- Traveling with Children
- Travel Etiquette