Enemies and the darker side of peer relations /
|Imprint:||San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2003.|
|Description:||130 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|Series:||New directions for child and adolescent development, 1520-3247 ; no. 102|
New directions for child and adolescent development no. 102
|Subject:||Enemies (Persons) -- Psychology.|
Adulthood -- Cross-cultural studies.
Young adults -- Cross-cultural studies.
Adolescence -- Cross-cultural studies.
Adult -- psychology.
Enemies -- Psychology.
|Format:||E-Resource Print Book|
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/5042272|
Table of Contents:
- I hate you just the way you are : exploring the formation, maintenance, and need for enemies / Maurissa Abecassis
- Parent-child relationships and enmity with peers : the role of avoidant and preoccupied attachment / Noel A. Card, Ernest V. E. Hodges
- Mutual antipathies in the peer group as a moderating factor in the association between community violence exposure and psychosocial maladjustment / David Schwartz, Andrea Hopmeyer-Gorman, Robin L. Toblin, Tania Abou-ezzeddine
- Describing the dark side of preadolescents' peer experiences : four questions (and data) on preadolescents' enemies / Jeffrey G. Parker, Bridget K. Gamm
- Enemies in the gendered societies of middle childhood : prevalence, stability, associations with social status, and aggression / Philip C. Rodkin, Ruth Pearl, Thomas W. Farmer, Richard Van Acker
- Developmental risk associated with mutual dislike in elementary school children / Alice W. Pope
- Toward understanding mutual antipathies in childhood and adolescence / Willard W. Hartup