Christian origins : worship, belief, and society : the Milltown Institute and the Irish Biblical Association Millennium Conference /
|Imprint:||London ; New York : Sheffield Academic Press, c2003.|
|Description:||xii, 264 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Series:||Journal for the study of the New Testament. Supplement series ; 241|
|Subject:||Christianity -- Origin.|
Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600.
Judaism (Christian theology) -- History.
Christianity -- Origin.
Church history -- Primitive and early church.
Judaism (Christian theology)
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/4966472|
Table of Contents:
- Knowing the Tree by its Roots: Jewish Context of the Early Christian Movement / Michael Maher
- The Temple Roots of the Christian Liturgy / Margaret Barker
- The Origin and Development of Christ-Devotion: Forces and Factors / Larry W. Hurtado
- The Didache as a Source for Picturing the Earliest Christian Communities: The Case of the Practice of Fasting / Thomas O'Loughlin
- The Origins of Paul's Christology: From Thessalonians to Galatians / Jerome Murphy-O'Connor
- The Jesus-Paul Debate Revisited and Re-Imaging Christian Origins / Sean Freyne
- The Son of Man and Daniel 7: Inclusive Aspects of Early Christologies / Christopher Tuckett
- Imagining a Roman Audience / Kieran J. O'Mahony
- The Original Environment of Christianity / Justin Taylor
- Re-Visioning Christian Origins: In Memory of Her Revisited / Elisabeth Schussler Fiorenza.