The welfare marketplace : privatization and welfare reform /
|Author / Creator:||Sanger, Mary Bryna.|
|Imprint:||Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, c2003.|
|Description:||xii, 159 p. : 23 cm.|
|Subject:||Public welfare -- Contracting out -- United States.|
Welfare recipients -- Employment -- United States.
Public welfare -- Contracting out.
Welfare recipients -- Employment.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/4888135|
Table of Contents:
- Appendix B. Individual Vendor Contracts
- Further Reading
- 1. Public Services and Blurring Sectoral Boundaries: An Introduction
- 2. Contracting and Competition: The Changing Shape of Government
- 3. Reforming Welfare Services through Contracting: Motivations and Expectations
- 4. Nonprofits: Meeting New Challenges
- 5. For-Profits: The Increasing Dominance of National Firms
- 6. When the Private Sector Competes: Challenges and Risks
- Appendix A. County Contracts