Development of achievement motivation /
|Imprint:||San Diego : Academic Press, c2002.|
|Description:||xvii, 366 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Series:||Educational psychology series|
Educational psychology series (Academic Press)
|Subject:||Achievement motivation in children.|
Achievement motivation in children.
Motivation in education.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/4618549|
Table of Contents:
- Ethnicity, Gender, and the Development of Achievement Values
- The Development of Self-Determination in Middle Childhood and Adolescence
- Student Interest and Achievement: Developmental Issues Raised by a Case Study
- The Development of Goal Orientation
- The Contribution of Social Goal Setting to Children's School Adjustment
- Part 3. What Do I Need to Do to Succeed?
- The Development of Academic Self-Regulation: The Role of Cognitive and Motivational Factors
- What Do I Need to Do to Succeed...When I Don't Understand What I'm Doing!?: Developmental Influences on Students' Adaptive Help Seeking
- Part 4. Motivation and Instruction
- Good Instruction in Motivating
- Instructional Practices and Motivation During Middle School (with Special Attention to Science)
- Part 1. Can I Do This Activity?
- The Development of Academic Self-Efficacy
- The Developmental Course of Achievement Motivation: A Need-Based Approach
- The Development of Ability Conceptions
- Part 2. Do I Want to Do this Activity, and Why?
- The Development of Competence Beliefs, Expectancies for Success, and Achievement Values from Childhood Through Adolescence