Protest, policy, and the problem of violence against women : a cross-national comparison /
|Author / Creator:||Weldon, S. Laurel.|
|Imprint:||Pittsburgh, Pa. : University of Pittsburgh Press, c2002.|
|Description:||xiv, 287 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Subject:||Women -- Violence against -- Government policy -- Cross-cultural studies.|
Women -- Abuse of -- Government policy -- Cross-cultural studies.
Protest movements -- Cross-cultural studies.
Feminism -- Cross-cultural studies.
Women -- Abuse of -- Government policy.
Women -- Violence against -- Government policy.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/4616456|
Table of Contents:
- List of Tables and Figures
- 1.. Introduction: From Protest to Policy
- 2.. Culture, Development, Parties, and Policies on Violence Against Women
- 3.. Social Movements and Policies to Address Violence Against Women
- 4.. The Effect of Women in Government on Policies on Violence Against Women
- 5.. Sexing the State: The Impact of Political Institutions on Policies on Violence Against Women
- 6.. Social Movements, Political Institutions, and Public Policies on Violence Against Women
- 7.. Social Structures and Public Policy
- 8.. Responding to Violence Against Women: Practical Lessons for Democrats, Feminists, and Policymakers
- Appendix A. Compilation of Studies and Reports of Violence Against Women in Stable Democracies
- Appendix B. Notes on Method and Measurement
- Appendix C. List of Sources by Country