Harlan Ellison : the edge of forever /
|Author / Creator:||Weil, Ellen.|
|Imprint:||Columbus : Ohio State University Press, c2002.|
|Description:||276 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Subject:||Ellison, Harlan -- Criticism and interpretation.|
Science fiction, American -- History and criticism.
Science fiction, American.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/4608012|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: The Golden Cage
- 1. An Estimated Life
- 2. Breaking into the Ghetto: Ellison and the Fiction Markets of the 1950s
- 3. Sketches of the Damned: JD and Rock Fiction
- 4. Rogue/Knight: Adventures in the Skin Trade
- 5. Consumed by Shadows: Ellison and Hollywood
- 6. The Annihilation Of Time: Science Fiction
- 7. Myths of Transformation: Deathbird Stories
- 8. Myths of Identity I: Profession and Heritage
- 9. Myths of Identity II: The Persistence of the Past
- 10. The Self on Trial: Fragmentation and Magic Realism
- Envoi: Ellisoniad
- App. Stories and Screenplays by Harlan Ellison Discussed in the Text, and Major Collections in Which They Appear.