Mineral-water interfacial reactions : kinetics and mechanisms /
|Imprint:||Washington, DC : American Chemical Society ; [New York, N.Y.] : Distributed by Oxford University Press, c1998.|
|Description:||x, 438 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.|
|Series:||ACS symposium series 715|
|Subject:||Water chemistry -- Congresses.|
Geochemistry -- Congresses.
Surface chemistry -- Congresses.
Solid-liquid interfaces -- Congresses.
Conference papers and proceedings.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/4286405|
Table of Contents:
- Sorption of Inorganic Species
- 7. Kinetics and Mechanisms of Metal Sorption at the Mineral-Water Interface
- 8. Evaluation of Oxyanion Adsorption Mechanisms on Oxides Using FTIR Spectroscopy and Electrophoretic Mobility
- 9. Kinetics and Reversibility of Radiocesium Sorption on Illite and Sediments Containing Illite
- Sorption of Organic Species
- 10. A Revised Concept of Natural Organic Matter as a Sorbent of Organic Compounds
- 11. A Three-Domain Model for Sorption and Desorption of Organic Contaminants by Soils and Sediments
- Precipitation and Dissolution
- 12. Interfacial Kinetics Through the Lens of Solution Chemistry: Hydrolytic Processes at Oxide Mineral Surfaces
- 13. Reactivity of Dissolved Mn(III) Complexes and Mn(IV) Species with Reductants: Mn Redox Chemistry Without a Dissolution Step?
- 1. Kinetics and Mechanisms of Reactions at the Mineral-Water Interface: An Overview
- Heterogeneous Electron Transfer
- 14. Degradations of Tetraphenylboron at Hydrated Smectite Surfaces Studied by Time Resolved IR and X-ray Absorption Spectroscopies
- 15. The Role of Oxides in Reduction Reactions at the Metal-Water Interface
- 16. The Reduction of Aqueous Metal Species on the Surfaces of Fe(II)-Containing Oxides: The Role of Surface Passivation
- 17. Pollutant Reduction in Heterogeneous Fe(II)-Fe(III) Systems
- 18. Auto-Inhibition of Oxide Mineral Reductive Capacity Toward Co(II)EDTA
- Photochemical and Microbially Mediated Processes
- 19. Adsorption and Sensitization Effects in Photocatalytic Degradation of Trace Contaminants
- 20. Microbially Mediated Oxidative Precipitation Reactions
- Spectroscopic-Microscopic Techniques
- 2. Use of X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy to Study Reaction Mechanisms at Metal Oxide-Water Interfaces
- 3. New Directions in Mineral Surface Geochemical Research Using Scanning Probe Microscopes
- 4. Atomic Force Microscopy as a Tool for Studying the Reactivities of Environmental Particles
- Digital Modeling
- 5. From Molecular Structure to Ion Adsorption Modelling
- 6. Interlayer Molecular Structure and Dynamics in Li-, Na-, and K-Montmorillonite-Water Systems