Admiral Dan Gallery : the life and wit of a Navy original /
|Author / Creator:||Gilliland, C. Herbert.|
|Imprint:||Annapolis, Md. : Naval Institute Press, c1999.|
|Description:||xv, 332 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Subject:||Gallery, Daniel V.|
Gallery, Daniel V.
United States. -- Navy -- Biography.
United States. -- Navy.
Admirals -- United States -- Biography.
Armed Forces -- Officers.
United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/4049474|
Table of Contents:
- "Admiral Dan": A Reminiscence
- An Irish Childhood in Chicago
- One of the Great Names of the Navy
- Three Years at Annapolis
- Fighting the Secretary's Son
- Gallery as a Blackshoe
- Number One Turret on the USS Idaho
- From Pensacola to "The Gun Club"
- Hanging By His Toe
- Private Life
- Two Tough-Willed Irishmen
- Camp Kwitcherbelliakin
- From "Our Hot War for Iceland"
- Command of the USS Guadalcanal
- Attack on Panama
- "Away Boarders!"
- From "We Captured a German Sub"
- Gallery and "The Revolt of the Admirals"
- From "If This Be Treason--"
- Admiral at Sea
- From "Mediterranean Rescue"
- Admiral Ashore
- Little League in San Juan
- From "The Suicide of Cszhech"
- Fiction Writer
- "Water Shortage"
- Controversialist: Admiral Firecracker
- From "What Price Human Life?"
- "St. Brendan's Day Eve"