From welfare to work : lessons from America /
|Author / Creator:||Mead, Lawrence M.|
|Imprint:||London : IEA Health and Welfare Unit, 1997.|
|Description:||xvi, 155 p. ; 21 cm.|
|Series:||Choice in welfare no. 39|
|Subject:||Welfare recipients -- Employment -- United States.|
Public welfare -- United States.
Welfare recipients -- Employment -- Great Britain.
Public welfare -- Great Britain.
Welfare recipients -- Employment.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/3754227|
Table of Contents:
- Foreword / Lawrence M. Mead
- Editor's Introduction: Lawrence Mead and the New Politics of Welfare / Alan Deacon
- From Welfare to Work: Lessons from America / Lawrence M. Mead
- Re-inventing Welfare: A Response to Lawrence Mead / Frank Field
- Lessons from America: Workfare and Labour's New Deal / John Philpott
- Workfare - a Pull, a Push or a Shove? / Eithne McLaughlin
- Would Workfare Work? An Alternative Approach for the UK / Alistair Grimes
- From Welfare to Work - and Back Again? / Dee Cook
- Workfare for Lone Mothers: A Solution to the Wrong Problem? / Melarae Phillips
- Rejoinder / Lawrence M. Mead.