International documents on children / editor, Geraldine Van Bueren.
2nd rev. ed.|
The Hague ; Boston : M. Nijhoff ; Cambridge, MA : Sold and distributed in North, Central and South America by Kluwer Academic Publishers, c1998.|
xix, 532 p. ; 25 cm.|
Children (International law) |
Children (International law)
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- The Historical Framework of the International Documents on Children
- Global International Child Instruments.
- League of Nations Declaration of the Rights of the Child 1924.
- United Nations Declaration of the Rights of the Child 1959.
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989.
- Rules of Procedure of the Meetings of the State Parties to the Convention on the Rights of the Child 1991
- Regional Child Instruments.
- Declaration on the Rights and Welfare of the African Child 1979.
- African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child 1990.
- Resolution on a European Charter of Rights of the Child 1992.
- European Convention on the Exercise of Children's Rights 1995
- Relevant Child Provisions from International and Regional Human Rights Instruments.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948.
- International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights 1966.
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights 1966.
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women 1979.
- Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Intolerance and of Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief 1981.
- International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and their Families 1990.
- World Conference on Human Rights - Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action 1993.
- World Summit for Social Development - Copenhagen Declaration on Social Development 1995.
- Fourth World Conference on Women - Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action 1995.
- American Declaration of the Rights and Duties of Man 1948.
- American Convention on Human Rights 1969.
- Additional Protocol to the American Convention on Human Rights in the area of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights 1988.
- European Convention on Human Rights 1950.
- Protocol No. 1 1952.
- Protocol No. 7 1984.
- European Social Charter 1961.
- Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, Helsinki Final Act 1975.
- African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights 1981
- Status and Capacity.
- Convention on Consent to Marriage, Minimum Age for Marriage and Registration of Marriages 1962.
- Recommendation on Consent to Marriage, Minimum Age for Marriage and Registration of Marriages 1965.
- Council of Europe Resolution on the Lowering of Age of Full Legal Capacity 1972.
- European Convention on the Legal Status of Children Born out of Wedlock 1975
- Parental Responsibilities.
- Hague Convention on the Law Applicable to Maintenance Obligations Towards Children 1956.
- Hague Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Maintenance Decisions in Respect of Children 1973.
- Council of Europe Recommendation on Payment by the State of Advances on Child Maintenance 1982.
- Council of Europe Recommendation on Parental Responsibilities 1984.
- Inter-American Convention on Support Obligations 1989
- Council of Europe Convention on Social Security 1972
- Child Protection and Placement.
- Hague Convention on Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, Recognition, Enforcement and Cooperation in respect of Parental Responsibility and Measures for the Protection of Children 1996.
- Hague Convention Concerning the Powers of Authorities and the Law Applicable in respect of the Protection of Infants 1961.
- Hague Convention on Jurisdiction, Applicable Law and Recognition of Decrees Relating to Adoptions 1965.
- European Convention on the Adoption of Children 1967.
- Council of Europe Resolution on Placement of Children 1977.
- Council of Europe Recommendation on Foster Families 1987.
- Inter-American Convention on the Conflict of Laws concerning the Adoption of Minors 1984.
- United Nations Declaration on Social and Legal Principles relating to the Protection and Welfare of Children, with Special Reference to Foster Placement and Adoption Nationally and Internationally 1986.
- Hague Convention on the Protection of Children and Cooperation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption 1993
- International Return of Children.
- Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction 1980.
- Council of Europe Convention on the Repatriation of Minors 1970.
- European Convention on Recognition and Enforcement of Decisions concerning Custody of Children and on Restoration of Custody or Children 1980.
- Inter-American Convention on the International Return of Children 1989
- Child Justice and Deprivation of Liberty.
- United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the Administration of Juvenile Justice 1985.
- United Nations Rules for Juveniles Deprived of their Liberty 1990.
- United Nations Guidelines for the Prevention of Juvenile Delinquency
- UNESCO Convention against Discrimination in Education 1960.
- Protocol Instituting a Conciliation and Good Offices Commission to be Responsible for Seeking a Settlement of any Dispute between States Parties to the Convention against Discrimination in Education 1962.
- UNESCO Recommendation Concerning Education for International Understanding, Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms 1974.
- European Community Directive on the Education of the Children of Migrant Workers 1977
- Child Labour and the Exploitation of Children.
- International Convention for the Suppression of Traffic in Women and Children 1921, amended by Protocol 1947.
- Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others 1949.
- ILO Convention No. 138 concerning Minimum Age for Admission to Employment 1973.
- ILO Recommendation No. 146 Concerning Age of Admission to Employment 1973.
- European Recommendation on the Fight against Drug Abuse and Trafficking 1984.
- Stockholm Declaration and Agenda for Action Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children 1996
- ILO Convention No. 77 on Medical Examination of Young Persons (Industry) 1946.
- ILO Convention No. 78 on Medical Examinations of Young Persons (Non-Industrial Occupations) 1946.
- ILO Convention No. 79 on Nightwork of Young Persons (Non-Industrial Occupations) 1946.
- ILO Convention No. 90 on Nightwork of Young Persons (Industry) (Revised) 1948.
- Supplementary Convention on the Abolition of Slavery, the Slave Trade, and Institutions and Practices Similar to Slavery 1956.
- European Community Charter of the Fundamental Social Rights of Workers 1989
- Child Health, Survival and Development.
- WHO and UNICEF Declaration of Alma Ata 1978.
- WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes 1981.
- World Declaration on the Survival, Protection and Development of Children 1990.
- Plan of Action for Implementing the World Declaration on the Survival, Protection and Development of Children 1990
- Standard Rules for the Equalisation of Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities 1993
- Children in Armed Conflicts and Child Refugees.
- Declaration on the Promotion among Youth of the Ideals of Peace, Mutual Respect and Understanding between Peoples 1965.
- Declaration on the Protection of Women and Children in Emergency and Armed Conflict 1974.
- Council of Europe Recommendation regarding Conscientious Objection to Compulsory Military Service 1987
- UNHCR Guidelines on Refugee Children 1994.
- Geneva Convention No. 4 Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War 1949.
- Geneva Protocol No. 1 Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949 and Relating to the Protection of victims of International Armed Conflicts 1977.
- Geneva Protocol No. 2 Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949 and Relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts 1977.