The financial risk manual : a systematic guide to identifying and managing financial risk /
|Author / Creator:||Holliwell, John.|
|Imprint:||London ; Washington, DC : Pitman Pub., 1997.|
|Description:||xv, 336 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.|
|Subject:||Business enterprises -- Finance -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.|
Risk management -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Business enterprises -- Finance.
Handbooks and manuals.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/2957264|
Table of Contents:
- Sect. 1. Business Risk. The fundamentals of risk management
- Sect. 2. Counterparty Risk (including credit risk). Due diligence. The numbers (key ratios). Lending. Credit insurance. Trade payments
- Sect. 3. Funding Risk. Business plans. Cash flow forecasts. Profit and loss forecasts. Types of funding. Borrowing. Asset-based financing. Forfaiting. Acceptance credits. Negotiating a bill of exchange/draft. Advances against collections (bill advances)
- Sect. 4. Derivatives: The Basics. Exchange traded derivatives. Over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives. Risks. Futures. Options. Swaps. Equity/index derivatives. Commodity derivatives. Credit derivatives
- Sect. 5. Interest Rate Risk. Variable rate facilities. Fixed rate facilities. Forward rate agreements (FRAs). Interest rate futures. Interest rate options. Interest rate caps, collars and floors. Interest rate swaps
- Sect. 6. Currency Risk. Spot. Invoicing in foreign currency. Currency borrowing. Forward contracts. Currency options. Currency collars. Currency futures. Currency swaps.