Cartooning Texas : one hundred years of cartoon art in the Lone Star State /
|Imprint:||College Station, Tex. : Texas A&M University Press, c1993.|
|Description:||xii, 193 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.|
|Subject:||American wit and humor, Pictorial -- Texas.|
American wit and humor, Pictorial.
Politics and government
Texas -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 -- Caricatures and cartoons.
Texas -- Politics and government -- 1951- -- Caricatures and cartoons.
Caricatures and cartoons.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/1578051|
Table of Contents:
- The Decade of Beginnings (1890-99)
- Texas Cartooning Comes into Its Own (1900-1909)
- Cartoonists Find Their Role (1910-19)
- Roaring into the Twenties (1920-29)
- Times of Bust and Dust (1930-39)
- The Fightin' Forties (1940-49)
- The Fearful Fifties (1950-59)
- The Assertion of Conservatism (1960-69)
- The Changing of the Guards (1970-79)
- A Time of Change (1980-90)
- The Cartoonists.