What is written remains : historical essays on the libraries of Notre Dame /
|Imprint:||Notre Dame : Published for the University Libraries of Notre Dame by the University of Notre Dame Press, c1994.|
|Description:||x, 264 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Subject:||University of Notre Dame. -- Library -- History.|
University of Notre Dame. -- Library.
Academic libraries -- Indiana -- Notre Dame -- History.
Indiana -- Notre Dame.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/1559675|
Table of Contents:
- Notre Dame Library Collections of the Nineteenth Century: The Legacy of the Fire of 1879 / Alan D. Krieger
- Catholic Americana at Notre Dame / Philip Gleason and Charlotte Ames
- Government Documents and the Depository: The Notre Dame Contribution / Laura Bayard and Stephen M. Hayes
- Paul J. Foik: Agent for Change / Anne Kearney
- The John A. Zahm Dante Collection / Louis Jordan, Theodore J. Cachey, Jr. and Christian Dupont
- The Latin American Library of Father Zahm / Rafael E. Tarrago
- Dollars, Donors, and Determination: Collection Building in the Notre Dame Libraries / Maureen Gleason
- Notre Dame's Contribution to the Order of Knowledge in America / Sophia K. Jordan
- Rare Books and Special Collections at the University of Notre Dame / Laura Fuderer
- Style and Symbol: Library Buildings at Notre Dame / Marsha Stevenson
- The Medieval Institute Library: A Brief History / Marina Smyth
- The Reverend Edmund P. Joyce, C.S.C., Sports Research Collection / Robert C. Miller
- Automation in the Libraries: An Unfinished Story / Maureen Gleason and Robert J. Havlik
- The University Libraries and Notre Dame: A Chronology / Robert C. Miller.