Tudor and Stuart Devon : the common estate and government /
|Imprint:||Exeter : University of Exeter Press, 1992.|
|Description:||xix, 230 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col), maps, ports., facsims. ; 24 cm.|
|Subject:||Devon (England) -- History -- 16th century.|
Devon (England) -- History -- 17th century.
England -- Devon.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/1387172|
Table of Contents:
- A decorated screen map of Exeter based on John Hooker's map of 1587 / William Ravenhill and Margery Rowe
- Katherine Courtenay, Countess of Devon, 1479-1527 / Margaret Westcott
- Four Devon stannaries / Tom Greeves
- Locality and Parliament / David Dean
- Landed society and the emergence of the country house in Tudor and early Stuart Devon / Steven Pugsley
- Breaking the mould : North Devon maritime enterprise 1560-1640 / Alison Grant
- English wine imports, c. 1603-40. with special reference to the Devon ports / W.B. Stephens
- Fishing and the commercial world of early Stuart Dartmouth / Todd Gray
- The clergy in Devon, 1641-62 / Ian Gowers
- Joyce Youings : a bibliography of her work / compiled by Ian Maxted.